Build Your Own Trading Exchange
MyExchange is our high performance exchange engine, offered as a customizable solution for regulated stock, forex, futures, and other exchanges. MyExchange is available only as a complete, turnkey solution, custom designed to your specifications and setup in the cloud hosting environment of your choice. Licensed under a one-time fee with no royalties or ongoing fees, MyExchange is your exchange!
What can you do with MyExchange?
Hosting your own exchange allows you to list securities, create your own exchange rules, set your own pricing, create and administer trading members, manage record keeping and reporting, perform or facilitate market-making, own and sell your own real-time and historic data, issue IPOs (if permitted by law), partner with other exchanges and perform any function that is legally permitted (please note that certain exchanges may be regulated and may require government registration). You can also program your own logic to prevent flash crashes, institute your own trading curbs, or prevent rogue trading behavior that goes against your exchange's rules.
MyExchange is not an off-the-shelf solution or service and is not hosted by Modulus. It is provided as a custom solution, modified to client specifications and hosted by the client. Full source code is also provided after customization and implementation have been completed. This means that any feature can be customized, added, or removed at any time, and any hosting provider can be chosen, offering full control and access to all parts of the exchange without restrictions.
Developing an exchange engine is no trivial task. An exchange must take into account complex logic and data processing, such as with complex orders, partial fills, cancels, rejections, complex order types like Good-Till-Cancelled, One-Cancels-Other, Trailing Stops, and other order types and times in force. It must address risk management, security, data handling, multithreading, networking, scalability, and redundancy. The list goes on. Also, if you are seeking approval from a government regulatory body to prove that your exchange is fair and not rigged against participants, then you need expertly designed, professionally developed, highly documented commercial open source code from an experienced financial technology firm like Modulus in order to pass such audits.
Advanced Trading Technology
Technology has come a long way since the stock market was invented in 1792. MyExchange uses the latest in technology to offer the highest possible performance. If you're planning to develop an exchange engine, MyExchange is the foundation you need to build it, allowing you to focus on the development of your core offering, as our engineers have thought of everything. Take fragmentation for example. MyExchange can detect and prevent predatory dark trading by direct access traders that drive liquidity off the book. It can also be implemented to provide liquidity fragmentation so that venues can specialize for various participants. MyExchange can also be customized to move large blocks with absolutely zero trade leakage.
MyExchange consists of a very robust set of C# applications. The server has been tested with a simulated load of 10,000 simultaneous clients per instance, which can be scaled to hundreds or thousands of servers.
Our exchange engineers worked for years to develop MyExchange from the ground up to address issues that exchanges are currently facing. Our engineers created multiple code-bases before settling on a final design, which we believe to be the simplest, most powerful, and most scalable solution possible, with the lowest total cost to ownership and lowest cost of maintenance.
The core engine of MyExchange is so highly optimized, it's performance is on par with the busiest stock exchanges, including the NYSE and NASDAQ.
Over the years, we've developed several exchanges around the world, ranging from equities to real property exchanges, some of the largest licensed and regulated crypto-currency exchanges and more. We have the experience you need.
MyExchange offers the lowest latency and the highest throughput of any exchange engine available, with the ability to process billions of messages per second when scaled out.
Real-Time Data on the Desktop or Web
MyExchange comes with a built-in WebSocket data server to power both desktop and web applications with streaming real-time data. Your exchange can power desktop, web, and mobile clients all at once.
The risk engine, order matching engines, and other features can be customized or developed to suit your requirements. MyExchange is extensible and versatile, designed to reduce costs and time to market.
Saves Time and Money
If you've attempted to develop your own exchange from scratch, you've probably experienced pain and difficulty. MyExchange can help you avoid the difficulties of developing an exchange and will decrease your time to market.
Get Started with MyExchange >
- Q. What programming languages are used in MyExchange? A. Our primary exchange codebase has been written in C#, however we can also provide Java and C++ versions if you prefer to host your exchange on Linux servers.
- Q. Which third party libraries are used in MyExchange? A. NLog, log4net, Newtonsoft JSON, and SuperWebSocket.
- Q. Does MyExchange require an SSL certificate? A. Yes, unless you disable SSL (not recommended).
- Q. Does MyExchange come with an example trading client? A. Yes. The example allows a trader to login with a username and password, allows the account info to be updated for testing purposes (buying power, cash, etc.), and allows the tester to place trades.
- Q. Does MyExchange come with an administrator program? A. Yes, it comes with an admin panel to create users, manage and delete accounts, view active users, view logs and more.
- Q. Can I license MyExchange as a source code offering without customization or implementation? A. No. Unlike some of our other products, MyExchange is strictly a custom solution. It is provided under a license agreement for the base source code framework and customization and implementation is provided through a consulting company, to customize and implement the exchange to your specifications. This is required due to the complexity of MyExchange and the extraordinary learning curve and support costs that would be required if MyExchange were provided simply as a source code framework. With that said, source code is provided after customization and implementation have been completed.
- Q. Where does MyExchange store data? A. All account, order and market price data will be stored on your servers. There are no connections to Modulus servers.
Deployment & Regulation
The C# version of MyExchange can be hosted on Windows Servers. Java and C++ versions can be provided for Linux. Your clients can access your exchange service using regular http or https with SSL.
Please note that MyExchange may not be used for converting cryptocurrency into real currency or vice versa without proper licensing and regulatory oversight. MyExchange may also not be used for sports betting or gambling of any type. Check with all local laws and consult with an attorney before developing your exchange. Crypto currency exchanges must follow all rules with proper legal compliance, AML and KYC in place.
Why Choose Modulus?
Modulus is a financial technology company. While that may not sound like a real differentiator, it is. It means that our solutions come from our years of experience in the financial technology industry. Our products and services are provided by developers and engineers who have first-hand trading experience. Everyone here at Modulus speaks your language.
Read more about us.