The Most Comprehensive Trading Platform with Commercial Open Source
The M4 trading platform is a professional trading application, featuring real-time quote screens, charting, portfolio tracking, auto-trading, scripting, expert advisors, stock scanning, alerts, and other advanced features.
Buy vs. Build
Are you paying for a subscription to a platform you don't own? Are you worried there are critical software problems you can't solve because you don't have the source code?
Are you worried about the associated risk, time, and money it takes to build a trading platform from scratch?
M4 is a white-label trading application which comes with programming libraries and C# examples for modifying the appearance and functionality.
(view on YouTube above or download the QuickTime video here)
What you should know:
1. Buying a readymade, custom-built trading platform is expensive.
2. Building a trading platform from scratch can be even more expensive.
3. Leasing a trading platform creates high, and often inescapable, switching costs, not to mention, never-ending royalty payments.
4. It is limiting and dangerous to be denied access to your trading platform source code.
5. However, using free, open-source code is even more dangerous (see our document).
Brokerages, perhaps you are paying for a platform that you don't own. Or, are you concerned your competitors are releasing new versions of their platform so rapidly you can't keep up?
Traders, perhaps you are frustrated with the lack of flexibility and support with your existing, off-the-shelf trading software. Are its limited features inadequate for your trading style? Are they holding you back?
The M4 Trading Platform
The front-end user interface is available in C#, which offers a familiar setting for experienced .NET programmers. The CPU-intensive back-end, however, is written in C++ for the best possible performance. Back-end code includes charting features, technical analysis, and a scripting language.
Everything about M4 is completely customizable. All windows, menus, toolbars, charts, and features can be modified, enhanced, or removed with ease. Because you are provided with source code examples and developer documentation, you can make your own modifications, or you can hire developers to code to your specifications.
M4 features multi-timeframe charts, separate windows for charts (to support multiple monitors), auto-trading capabilities, a trend cycle identifier, artificial intelligence features, pattern recognition, and more.
Any Brokerage - Any Data Feed
M4 can be customized to work with any brokerage or data feed. You can connect the software to eSignal, Interactive Brokers, MB Trading, TD Ameritrade, FXCM, GAIN Capital, Oanda, or any other API. Each API integration requires only 20 to 40 hours of customization work.
All CPU-intensive processes in M4 are asynchronous, taking full advantage of multi-core processors. Data loading, neural network training, expert advisor processing, and other features make full use of asynchronous programming design.
We also make it easy to add custom asynchronous features through our AsyncProcess template class.
- Most companies should prefer buying to building: if you build your own product, there's an unacceptable risk. What if the end result is a failure?
- M4 saves thousands of hours in development time. This translates to faster time to market, lower costs, and a higher ROI.
- M4 offers full support. Your software developers will receive technical support, setup and training, source code updates, and helpful advice throughout the duration of your source code subscription.
- Perhaps most importantly, you can earn substantial revenue with M4 by enrolling in our Value Added Reseller program.
Get Started with M4 >
StockChartX Charting Engine
We asked more than 1,200 traders which charting features and technical indicators they wanted in StockChartX. There were lots of valuable feature requests, and we added them all.
StockChartX features real-time, tick-by-tick charting with High-Low-Close bars, Open-High-Low-Close bars, 2D & 3D Candlestick charts, Renko, Kagi, Three Line Break, Point & Figure, Candle-Volume, Equi-Volume, Shaded Equi-Volume, Heikin Ashi Candlesticks, Darvas Boxes and other price styles.
You can chart real-time market data; insert buy, sell, or exit symbols; insert text, trend lines, custom images, multiple indicators, and overlay indicators (share scales); display charts with semi-log or linear scaling; print charts; save charts as images; save/load charts as binary files and more.
StockChartX is the original C++ charting library, used by over 3,000,000 traders.
Technical Analysis Indicators
M4 features over 80 popular technical indicators which can be customized with user-defined parameters. Our technical indicators have been validated by their authors whenever possible, so you can be sure the calculations are correct. That's why our technical indicator library has won numerous awards by Futures magazine and Stocks & Commodities magazine. View a complete list of indicators here.
Chart Pattern Recognition
M4 features a template-driven, fully dynamic pattern recognition engine to identify Channels, Double Bottoms, Double Tops, Flags, Head & Shoulders, Pennants, Trend, Triangles, Triple Bottoms, Triple Tops, Wedges, and other patterns. Create custom patterns using the supplied pattern designer utility.
Develop your own Expert Advisors or select from one of the many pre-defined Expert Advisors included within the trading system database.
1. Double Buffered Quote Screen with Live Thumbnail Tick Charts
2. Portfolio Manager & Order Entry Screen (linkable to any brokerage)
3. Charting Screen with Technical Analysis
4. Advanced Chart Pattern Recognition Built into the Charting Screen
5. Neural Network Technical Indicators
6. Expert Advisors and Consensus Reports
7. Back Testing via TradeScript
8. Real Time Alerts via TradeScript
9. Stock Scanning via TradeScript
10. Import/Export to/from Excel, Including Indicator Values
11. Straight-Forward Data Feed API Adapter Class with Development Support
12. Back-End Administrator Application to Generate License Keys, Send Instant Messages, Generate P&L Reports, and much more!
- Source Code to the Entire Trading Platform
- Source Code to other Components, Including Charting, Technical Indicators and more.
- Our SuperWebSocket Data Server
- Our MyExchange Exchange Engine
- An Administrator for Trial Keys
- Account Reporting
- Instant Messaging
- Mobile Charting Interface
- And much, much more!
We provide developer setup and training via desktop sharing, so you can run the M4 platform immediately after your license is purchased. Technical support and source code updates are provided for one year and may be renewed. Contact us to get started today.